Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 1:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 01:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.11 meters/second, 1519.6 km/hour, 944.2 miles/hour or 820.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.2"||0.06 mi||South||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 59.6"||943.95 mi||West||0° 03' 23.5"||3.89 mi||South||944.12 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 17.7"||749.28 mi||East||1° 46' 24.6"||121.98 mi||South||763.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arlit||Sat 2:20 AM||223 km||139 miles||121 nm||SE|
|Agadez||Sat 2:20 AM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||SE|
|Maradi||Sat 2:20 AM||730 km||454 miles||394 nm||SSE|
|Zinder||Sat 2:20 AM||765 km||475 miles||413 nm||SSE|
|Niamey||Sat 2:20 AM||808 km||502 miles||436 nm||SSW|
|In Salah||Sat 2:20 AM||867 km||539 miles||468 nm||NNW|
|Dori||Sat 1:20 AM||894 km||556 miles||483 nm||SW|
|Kano||Sat 2:20 AM||931 km||579 miles||503 nm||SSE|
|Kandi||Sat 2:20 AM||1019 km||633 miles||550 nm||SSW|
|Ouagadougou||Sat 1:20 AM||1139 km||708 miles||615 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.