Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 05:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 05:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.82 meters/second, 1522.1 km/hour, 945.8 miles/hour or 821.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.76 mi||west||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||south||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.7"||945.52 mi||west||0° 03' 47.2"||4.34 mi||south||945.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 21.2"||748.37 mi||east||1° 55' 31.3"||132.42 mi||south||764.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Sat 1:36 AM||604 km||375 miles||326 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sat 1:36 AM||631 km||392 miles||341 nm||WSW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Sat 1:36 AM||655 km||407 miles||353 nm||SW|
|Brades||Sat 1:36 AM||682 km||424 miles||368 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sat 1:36 AM||687 km||427 miles||371 nm||SW|
|Gustavia||Sat 1:36 AM||696 km||433 miles||376 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sat 1:36 AM||706 km||439 miles||381 nm||WSW|
|The Valley||Sat 1:36 AM||709 km||440 miles||383 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Sat 1:36 AM||709 km||441 miles||383 nm||SW|
|Marigot||Sat 1:36 AM||715 km||444 miles||386 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.