Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 2:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.50 meters/second, 1528.2 km/hour, 949.6 miles/hour or 825.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||South||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 13.3"||949.29 mi||West||0° 04' 35.8"||5.27 mi||South||949.53 mi|
|24 hours||348° 34' 57.8"||746.50 mi||West||2° 14' 01.2"||153.62 mi||South||766.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sun 2:34 AM||728 km||452 miles||393 nm||W|
|Majuro||Sun 2:34 AM||1347 km||837 miles||727 nm||S|
|Midway||Sat 3:34 AM||1370 km||851 miles||740 nm||NE|
|Tarawa||Sun 2:34 AM||1954 km||1214 miles||1055 nm||S|
|Palikir||Sun 1:34 AM||2142 km||1331 miles||1156 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Sun 2:34 AM||2289 km||1422 miles||1236 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 2:34 AM||2355 km||1463 miles||1271 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Sat 4:34 AM||2993 km||1860 miles||1616 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Sun 2:34 AM||3114 km||1935 miles||1682 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Sun 12:34 AM||3137 km||1949 miles||1694 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.