Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 4:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 16:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.91 meters/second, 1529.7 km/hour, 950.5 miles/hour or 826.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||South||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 15.7"||950.23 mi||West||0° 04' 46.5"||5.48 mi||South||950.47 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 01.3"||746.10 mi||East||2° 18' 07.0"||158.31 mi||South||767.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sun 2:36 AM||450 km||280 miles||243 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Sun 2:36 AM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||S|
|Melekeok||Sun 1:36 AM||1623 km||1008 miles||876 nm||SW|
|Hamamatsu||Sun 1:36 AM||1857 km||1154 miles||1003 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Sun 1:36 AM||1865 km||1159 miles||1007 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Sun 1:36 AM||1884 km||1171 miles||1018 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Sun 1:36 AM||1890 km||1174 miles||1020 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Sun 1:36 AM||1901 km||1181 miles||1027 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sun 1:36 AM||1907 km||1185 miles||1030 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Sun 1:36 AM||1933 km||1201 miles||1044 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.