Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 5:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 17:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.09 meters/second, 1530.3 km/hour, 950.9 miles/hour or 826.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.85 mi||West||0° 00' 04.7"||0.09 mi||South||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 16.6"||950.63 mi||West||0° 04' 50.9"||5.56 mi||South||950.87 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 36.2"||745.94 mi||East||2° 19' 47.1"||160.22 mi||South||767.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Quezon||Sun 1:26 AM||1247 km||775 miles||673 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Sun 1:26 AM||1260 km||783 miles||680 nm||WSW|
|Taipei||Sun 1:26 AM||1276 km||793 miles||689 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Sun 2:26 AM||1289 km||801 miles||696 nm||SSE|
|Kagoshima||Sun 2:26 AM||1418 km||881 miles||765 nm||N|
|Davao||Sun 1:26 AM||1472 km||915 miles||795 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Sun 3:26 AM||1493 km||928 miles||806 nm||ESE|
|Kumamoto||Sun 2:26 AM||1550 km||963 miles||837 nm||N|
|General Santos||Sun 1:26 AM||1589 km||987 miles||858 nm||SSW|
|Fukuoka||Sun 2:26 AM||1640 km||1019 miles||885 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.