Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 5:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 17:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 425.13 meters/second, 1530.5 kilometres/hour, 951.0 miles/hour or 826.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.85 mi||West||0° 00' 04.7"||0.09 mi||South||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 16.8"||950.71 mi||West||0° 04' 51.8"||5.58 mi||South||950.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 31.1"||745.91 mi||East||2° 20' 07.1"||160.60 mi||South||767.84 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Quezon||Sun 1:36 AM||1011 km||628 miles||546 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Sun 1:36 AM||1024 km||637 miles||553 nm||WSW|
|Taipei||Sun 1:36 AM||1075 km||668 miles||581 nm||NW|
|Foochow||Sun 1:36 AM||1321 km||821 miles||713 nm||NW|
|Xiamen||Sun 1:36 AM||1337 km||831 miles||722 nm||WNW|
|Davao||Sun 1:36 AM||1369 km||851 miles||739 nm||SSW|
|Melekeok||Sun 2:36 AM||1371 km||852 miles||740 nm||SSE|
|Kagoshima||Sun 2:36 AM||1416 km||880 miles||765 nm||N|
|Shantou||Sun 1:36 AM||1424 km||885 miles||769 nm||WNW|
|General Santos||Sun 1:36 AM||1485 km||923 miles||802 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.