Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 5:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 17:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 425.16 meters/second, 1530.6 kilometres/hour, 951.1 miles/hour or 826.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.85 mi||West||0° 00' 04.7"||0.09 mi||South||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 17.1"||950.79 mi||West||0° 04' 52.7"||5.59 mi||South||951.03 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 26.2"||745.88 mi||East||2° 20' 27.0"||160.98 mi||South||767.90 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tuguegarao||Sun 1:46 AM||584 km||363 miles||315 nm||WSW|
|Quezon||Sun 1:46 AM||789 km||490 miles||426 nm||SW|
|Manila||Sun 1:46 AM||803 km||499 miles||434 nm||SW|
|Kaohsiung||Sun 1:46 AM||834 km||519 miles||451 nm||NW|
|Taichung||Sun 1:46 AM||892 km||554 miles||482 nm||NW|
|Taipei||Sun 1:46 AM||899 km||559 miles||486 nm||NW|
|Taoyuan City||Sun 1:46 AM||907 km||564 miles||490 nm||NW|
|Cebu City||Sun 1:46 AM||1004 km||624 miles||542 nm||SSW|
|Xiamen||Sun 1:46 AM||1122 km||697 miles||606 nm||NW|
|Foochow||Sun 1:46 AM||1135 km||705 miles||613 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.