Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 6:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 18:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 425.34 meters/second, 1531.2 kilometres/hour, 951.5 miles/hour or 826.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.86 mi||West||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||South||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 18.0"||951.18 mi||West||0° 04' 57.1"||5.68 mi||South||951.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 01.0"||745.72 mi||East||2° 22' 06.4"||162.88 mi||South||768.18 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hong Kong||Sun 2:36 AM||402 km||250 miles||217 nm||NNW|
|Kowloon||Sun 2:36 AM||403 km||251 miles||218 nm||N|
|Macau||Sun 2:36 AM||410 km||255 miles||221 nm||NNW|
|Shenzhen||Sun 2:36 AM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||NNW|
|Haikou||Sun 2:36 AM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||WNW|
|Foshan||Sun 2:36 AM||511 km||317 miles||276 nm||NNW|
|Guangzhou||Sun 2:36 AM||516 km||321 miles||279 nm||NNW|
|Shantou||Sun 2:36 AM||538 km||335 miles||291 nm||NNE|
|Zhanjiang||Sun 2:36 AM||559 km||348 miles||302 nm||WNW|
|Xiamen||Sun 2:36 AM||707 km||439 miles||382 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.