Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 11:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 90%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 23:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.45 meters/second, 1535.2 km/hour, 953.9 miles/hour or 828.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.90 mi||West||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||South||15.90 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 24.1"||953.68 mi||West||0° 05' 23.1"||6.17 mi||South||953.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 29.4"||744.82 mi||East||2° 31' 54.1"||174.10 mi||South||769.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Khamis Mushait||Sun 2:36 AM||37 km||23 miles||20 nm||E|
|Sana||Sun 2:36 AM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||SSE|
|Al Hudaydah||Sun 2:36 AM||395 km||246 miles||214 nm||S|
|Makkah||Sun 2:36 AM||439 km||273 miles||237 nm||NW|
|Jeddah||Sun 2:36 AM||493 km||306 miles||266 nm||NW|
|Asmara||Sun 2:36 AM||495 km||308 miles||267 nm||SW|
|Keren||Sun 2:36 AM||505 km||314 miles||273 nm||WSW|
|Mendefera||Sun 2:36 AM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||SW|
|Ta'izz||Sun 2:36 AM||554 km||344 miles||299 nm||SSE|
|Port Sudan||Sun 2:36 AM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.