Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 2, 2012 at 2:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 89%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 2, 2012 at 02:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.14 meters/second, 1537.7 km/hour, 955.5 miles/hour or 830.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||South||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 27.9"||955.22 mi||West||0° 05' 38.2"||6.46 mi||South||955.50 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 59.7"||744.33 mi||East||2° 37' 35.2"||180.61 mi||South||771.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Sun 2:34 AM||283 km||176 miles||153 nm||WSW|
|Dori||Sun 2:34 AM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||S|
|Ouahigouya||Sun 2:34 AM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||SSW|
|Niamey||Sun 3:34 AM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Sun 2:34 AM||636 km||395 miles||343 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Sun 2:34 AM||667 km||415 miles||360 nm||SSW|
|Fada N'gourma||Sun 2:34 AM||673 km||418 miles||363 nm||S|
|Koutiala||Sun 2:34 AM||810 km||503 miles||437 nm||SW|
|Tamanrasset||Sun 3:34 AM||834 km||518 miles||450 nm||NE|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Sun 2:34 AM||854 km||530 miles||461 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.