Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, December 2, 2012 at 14:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 2, 2012 at 14:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.07 meters/second, 1548.3 km/hour, 962.0 miles/hour or 836.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.03 mi||west||0° 00' 06.5"||0.13 mi||south||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 42.9"||961.81 mi||west||0° 06' 36.1"||7.57 mi||south||962.11 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 12.7"||742.85 mi||east||2° 59' 17.1"||205.45 mi||south||776.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Sun 3:24 AM||1349 km||838 miles||729 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Sun 4:24 AM||1627 km||1011 miles||878 nm||ENE|
|Baker Island||Sun 2:24 AM||1892 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Mon 2:24 AM||2063 km||1282 miles||1114 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Mon 2:24 AM||2212 km||1374 miles||1194 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Mon 2:24 AM||2325 km||1445 miles||1256 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:24 AM||2355 km||1463 miles||1271 nm||SE|
|Fakaofo||Mon 3:24 AM||2905 km||1805 miles||1568 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Mon 2:24 AM||2948 km||1832 miles||1592 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Mon 2:24 AM||2959 km||1839 miles||1598 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.