Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 2, 2012 at 2:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 2, 2012 at 14:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.07 meters/second, 1548.3 km/hour, 962.0 miles/hour or 836.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.03 mi||West||0° 00' 06.5"||0.13 mi||South||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 42.9"||961.81 mi||West||0° 06' 36.1"||7.57 mi||South||962.11 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 12.7"||742.85 mi||East||2° 59' 17.1"||205.45 mi||South||776.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Sun 3:24 AM||1349 km||838 miles||729 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Sun 4:24 AM||1627 km||1011 miles||878 nm||ENE|
|Baker Island||Sun 2:24 AM||1892 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Mon 2:24 AM||2050 km||1274 miles||1107 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Mon 2:24 AM||2212 km||1374 miles||1194 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Mon 2:24 AM||2325 km||1445 miles||1256 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:24 AM||2355 km||1463 miles||1271 nm||SE|
|Fakaofo||Mon 3:24 AM||2904 km||1805 miles||1568 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Mon 2:24 AM||2949 km||1832 miles||1592 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Mon 2:24 AM||2959 km||1839 miles||1598 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.