Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 2, 2012 at 2:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 2, 2012 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.11 meters/second, 1548.4 km/hour, 962.1 miles/hour or 836.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.04 mi||West||0° 00' 06.5"||0.13 mi||South||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.1"||961.90 mi||West||0° 06' 36.9"||7.58 mi||South||962.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 08.1"||742.84 mi||East||2° 59' 34.7"||205.79 mi||South||776.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Sun 3:34 AM||1282 km||797 miles||692 nm||N|
|Majuro||Mon 2:34 AM||1831 km||1138 miles||988 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Sun 2:34 AM||1848 km||1148 miles||998 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Sun 4:34 AM||1872 km||1163 miles||1011 nm||ENE|
|Wake Island||Mon 2:34 AM||1959 km||1217 miles||1058 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Mon 2:34 AM||2153 km||1338 miles||1162 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:34 AM||2548 km||1584 miles||1376 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Mon 2:34 AM||2762 km||1716 miles||1491 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Mon 2:34 AM||2876 km||1787 miles||1553 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 3:34 AM||2929 km||1820 miles||1581 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.