Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 2, 2012 at 2:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 2, 2012 at 14:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.16 meters/second, 1548.6 km/hour, 962.2 miles/hour or 836.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.04 mi||West||0° 00' 06.5"||0.13 mi||South||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.4"||962.00 mi||West||0° 06' 37.7"||7.60 mi||South||962.31 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 03.4"||742.83 mi||East||2° 59' 52.3"||206.12 mi||South||776.19 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Sun 3:44 AM||1261 km||784 miles||681 nm||N|
|Majuro||Mon 2:44 AM||1634 km||1016 miles||883 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Mon 2:44 AM||1706 km||1060 miles||921 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Sun 2:44 AM||1842 km||1145 miles||995 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Mon 2:44 AM||2000 km||1243 miles||1080 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Sun 4:44 AM||2119 km||1316 miles||1144 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Mon 2:44 AM||2575 km||1600 miles||1391 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:44 AM||2754 km||1711 miles||1487 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Mon 2:44 AM||2827 km||1756 miles||1526 nm||S|
|Palikir||Mon 1:44 AM||2871 km||1784 miles||1550 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.