Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 2, 2012 at 8:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 85%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 2, 2012 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.69 meters/second, 1554.1 km/hour, 965.7 miles/hour or 839.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||South||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 50.7"||965.43 mi||West||0° 07' 04.9"||8.12 mi||South||965.75 mi|
|24 hours||11° 10' 25.7"||742.46 mi||East||3° 09' 56.2"||217.64 mi||South||779.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mawlamyine||Mon 3:04 AM||42 km||26 miles||23 nm||NNW|
|Yangon||Mon 3:04 AM||190 km||118 miles||102 nm||WNW|
|Dawei||Mon 3:04 AM||235 km||146 miles||127 nm||S|
|Nakhon Sawan||Mon 3:34 AM||255 km||158 miles||138 nm||E|
|Chiang Mai||Mon 3:34 AM||317 km||197 miles||171 nm||NNE|
|Bangkok||Mon 3:34 AM||395 km||246 miles||213 nm||SE|
|Naypyidaw||Mon 3:04 AM||436 km||271 miles||236 nm||NNW|
|Nakhon Ratchasima||Mon 3:34 AM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||ESE|
|Pattaya||Mon 3:34 AM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||SE|
|Khon Kaen||Mon 3:34 AM||538 km||335 miles||291 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.