Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 3, 2012 at 1:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 3, 2012 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.02 meters/second, 1558.9 km/hour, 968.6 miles/hour or 841.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.14 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||South||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 56.8"||968.43 mi||West||0° 07' 27.5"||8.55 mi||South||968.76 mi|
|24 hours||11° 08' 20.9"||742.36 mi||East||3° 18' 14.1"||227.14 mi||South||781.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Al-Fashir||Mon 4:34 AM||215 km||134 miles||116 nm||S|
|Fada||Mon 2:34 AM||421 km||262 miles||227 nm||WNW|
|Abéché||Mon 2:34 AM||502 km||312 miles||271 nm||WSW|
|Al-Ubayyid||Mon 4:34 AM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||ESE|
|Birao||Mon 2:34 AM||636 km||395 miles||344 nm||SSW|
|Faya-Largeau||Mon 2:34 AM||696 km||432 miles||376 nm||WNW|
|Mongo||Mon 2:34 AM||791 km||492 miles||427 nm||WSW|
|Khartoum||Mon 4:34 AM||792 km||492 miles||428 nm||E|
|Kosti||Mon 4:34 AM||853 km||530 miles||461 nm||ESE|
|Wau||Mon 4:34 AM||923 km||574 miles||499 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.