Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, December 3, 2012 at 03:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 3, 2012 at 03:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.57 meters/second, 1560.8 km/hour, 969.9 miles/hour or 842.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.16 mi||west||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||south||16.17 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 59.2"||969.72 mi||west||0° 07' 36.2"||8.72 mi||south||970.05 mi|
|24 hours||11° 07' 33.9"||742.44 mi||east||3° 21' 29.6"||230.88 mi||south||782.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Mon 3:34 AM||206 km||128 miles||111 nm||NE|
|Koutiala||Mon 3:34 AM||351 km||218 miles||190 nm||SSW|
|Koudougou||Mon 3:34 AM||392 km||243 miles||211 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Mon 3:34 AM||434 km||270 miles||234 nm||SE|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Mon 3:34 AM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||S|
|Sikasso||Mon 3:34 AM||470 km||292 miles||254 nm||SSW|
|Bamako||Mon 3:34 AM||506 km||314 miles||273 nm||SW|
|Niamey||Mon 4:34 AM||708 km||440 miles||382 nm||ESE|
|Mango||Mon 3:34 AM||746 km||463 miles||403 nm||SE|
|Tamale||Mon 3:34 AM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.