Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 3, 2012 at 8:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 3, 2012 at 08:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.76 meters/second, 1565.1 km/hour, 972.5 miles/hour or 845.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||South||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 04.1"||972.33 mi||West||0° 07' 55.2"||9.08 mi||South||972.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 05' 58.2"||742.59 mi||East||3° 28' 26.6"||238.82 mi||South||785.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Willemstad||Mon 4:00 AM||298 km||185 miles||161 nm||SSW|
|Oranjestad||Mon 4:00 AM||305 km||190 miles||165 nm||SW|
|Mayagüez||Mon 4:00 AM||404 km||251 miles||218 nm||NNE|
|Ponce||Mon 4:00 AM||407 km||253 miles||220 nm||NNE|
|La Romana||Mon 4:00 AM||414 km||257 miles||223 nm||N|
|Punta Cana||Mon 4:00 AM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||N|
|Santo Domingo||Mon 4:00 AM||445 km||277 miles||241 nm||NNW|
|Caguas||Mon 4:00 AM||459 km||285 miles||248 nm||NNE|
|San Juan||Mon 4:00 AM||477 km||296 miles||257 nm||NNE|
|Caracas||Mon 3:30 AM||495 km||308 miles||267 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.