Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 3, 2012 at 8:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 3, 2012 at 08:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.96 meters/second, 1565.8 km/hour, 973.0 miles/hour or 845.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||South||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 04.9"||972.77 mi||West||0° 07' 58.3"||9.14 mi||South||973.11 mi|
|24 hours||11° 05' 43.3"||742.64 mi||East||3° 29' 34.4"||240.11 mi||South||785.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|May Pen||Mon 3:44 AM||414 km||257 miles||223 nm||NNE|
|Montego Bay||Mon 3:44 AM||439 km||273 miles||237 nm||NNE|
|Kingston||Mon 3:44 AM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||NNE|
|Puerto Cabezas||Mon 2:44 AM||477 km||296 miles||257 nm||W|
|George Town (Cayman)||Mon 3:44 AM||572 km||356 miles||309 nm||NNW|
|Colón||Mon 3:44 AM||593 km||368 miles||320 nm||S|
|Cartagena||Mon 3:44 AM||601 km||373 miles||325 nm||SE|
|Barranquilla||Mon 3:44 AM||612 km||380 miles||330 nm||SE|
|Panama||Mon 3:44 AM||627 km||390 miles||339 nm||S|
|Santiago de Cuba||Mon 3:44 AM||685 km||426 miles||370 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.