Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 3, 2012 at 9:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 3, 2012 at 09:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.18 meters/second, 1566.7 km/hour, 973.5 miles/hour or 845.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||South||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.9"||973.28 mi||West||0° 08' 01.8"||9.20 mi||South||973.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 05' 26.7"||742.70 mi||East||3° 30' 50.8"||241.57 mi||South||786.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Escuintla||Mon 3:34 AM||44 km||28 miles||24 nm||SE|
|Quetzaltenango||Mon 3:34 AM||58 km||36 miles||31 nm||WNW|
|Guatemala||Mon 3:34 AM||64 km||40 miles||35 nm||E|
|Santa Ana||Mon 3:34 AM||179 km||112 miles||97 nm||ESE|
|San Salvador||Mon 3:34 AM||228 km||141 miles||123 nm||ESE|
|Punta Gorda||Mon 3:34 AM||303 km||188 miles||164 nm||NE|
|Tuxtla Gutierrez||Mon 3:34 AM||326 km||202 miles||176 nm||NW|
|San Miguel||Mon 3:34 AM||339 km||210 miles||183 nm||ESE|
|San Pedro Sula||Mon 3:34 AM||350 km||218 miles||189 nm||ENE|
|Choloma||Mon 3:34 AM||361 km||225 miles||195 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.