Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 3, 2012 at 1:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 3, 2012 at 13:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.21 meters/second, 1570.4 km/hour, 975.8 miles/hour or 847.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.26 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 09.9"||975.59 mi||West||0° 08' 17.7"||9.50 mi||South||975.93 mi|
|24 hours||11° 04' 16.3"||743.10 mi||East||3° 36' 35.9"||248.14 mi||South||788.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Mon 3:24 AM||1420 km||882 miles||767 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 3:24 AM||1771 km||1101 miles||956 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Mon 3:24 AM||3502 km||2176 miles||1891 nm||S|
|Midway||Mon 2:24 AM||3525 km||2190 miles||1903 nm||WNW|
|San Francisco||Mon 5:24 AM||3572 km||2219 miles||1929 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Mon 1:24 AM||3605 km||2240 miles||1947 nm||WSW|
|Los Angeles||Mon 5:24 AM||3635 km||2259 miles||1963 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 2:24 AM||3731 km||2318 miles||2015 nm||SW|
|Las Vegas||Mon 5:24 AM||3995 km||2482 miles||2157 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Mon 6:24 AM||4052 km||2518 miles||2188 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.