Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 3, 2012 at 1:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 3, 2012 at 13:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.30 meters/second, 1570.7 km/hour, 976.0 miles/hour or 848.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 10.2"||975.80 mi||West||0° 08' 19.1"||9.53 mi||South||976.13 mi|
|24 hours||11° 04' 10.7"||743.14 mi||East||3° 37' 05.2"||248.71 mi||South||788.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Mon 3:44 AM||1044 km||648 miles||564 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 3:44 AM||1475 km||917 miles||797 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Mon 2:44 AM||3089 km||1920 miles||1668 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Mon 1:44 AM||3127 km||1943 miles||1689 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 2:44 AM||3362 km||2089 miles||1815 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Mon 3:44 AM||3492 km||2170 miles||1885 nm||S|
|Apia *||Tue 3:44 AM||3788 km||2354 miles||2046 nm||SW|
|San Francisco||Mon 5:44 AM||3914 km||2432 miles||2113 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 3:44 AM||3992 km||2481 miles||2156 nm||SSW|
|Los Angeles||Mon 5:44 AM||4034 km||2507 miles||2178 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.