Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, December 3, 2012 at 14:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 3, 2012 at 14:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.49 meters/second, 1571.4 km/hour, 976.4 miles/hour or 848.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.27 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||south||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 10.8"||976.28 mi||west||0° 08' 21.8"||9.58 mi||south||976.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 03' 59.2"||743.28 mi||east||3° 38' 05.5"||249.87 mi||south||789.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Mon 4:24 AM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 4:24 AM||1410 km||876 miles||761 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Mon 2:24 AM||2227 km||1384 miles||1202 nm||SW|
|Midway||Mon 3:24 AM||2274 km||1413 miles||1228 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 3:24 AM||2779 km||1727 miles||1501 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Tue 2:24 AM||3061 km||1902 miles||1653 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Tue 2:24 AM||3112 km||1934 miles||1681 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Tue 2:24 AM||3256 km||2023 miles||1758 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Tue 4:24 AM||3261 km||2026 miles||1761 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Tue 2:24 AM||3431 km||2132 miles||1853 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.