Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 3, 2012 at 2:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 3, 2012 at 14:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.48 meters/second, 1571.3 km/hour, 976.4 miles/hour or 848.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 10.8"||976.20 mi||West||0° 08' 21.6"||9.58 mi||South||976.54 mi|
|24 hours||11° 03' 59.6"||743.23 mi||East||3° 38' 03.8"||249.82 mi||South||789.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Mon 4:24 AM||904 km||562 miles||488 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 4:24 AM||1401 km||870 miles||756 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Mon 2:24 AM||2249 km||1397 miles||1214 nm||SW|
|Midway||Mon 3:24 AM||2294 km||1425 miles||1239 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 3:24 AM||2790 km||1733 miles||1506 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Tue 2:24 AM||3072 km||1909 miles||1659 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Tue 2:24 AM||3139 km||1951 miles||1695 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Tue 4:24 AM||3271 km||2033 miles||1766 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Tue 2:24 AM||3277 km||2036 miles||1769 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Tue 2:24 AM||3459 km||2149 miles||1868 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.