Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 3, 2012 at 2:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 3, 2012 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.53 meters/second, 1571.5 km/hour, 976.5 miles/hour or 848.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 11.0"||976.30 mi||West||0° 08' 22.3"||9.59 mi||South||976.64 mi|
|24 hours||11° 03' 56.9"||743.25 mi||East||3° 38' 18.4"||250.10 mi||South||789.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Mon 4:34 AM||1039 km||646 miles||561 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 4:34 AM||1504 km||935 miles||812 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Mon 2:34 AM||2057 km||1278 miles||1111 nm||SW|
|Midway||Mon 3:34 AM||2122 km||1319 miles||1146 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 3:34 AM||2694 km||1674 miles||1455 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Tue 2:34 AM||2816 km||1750 miles||1520 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Tue 2:34 AM||2901 km||1803 miles||1566 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Tue 2:34 AM||3106 km||1930 miles||1677 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Tue 4:34 AM||3185 km||1979 miles||1720 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Tue 2:34 AM||3206 km||1992 miles||1731 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.