Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, December 3, 2012 at 14:54:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 3, 2012 at 14:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.62 meters/second, 1571.8 km/hour, 976.7 miles/hour or 848.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.28 mi||west||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||south||16.28 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 11.4"||976.58 mi||west||0° 08' 23.8"||9.62 mi||south||976.92 mi|
|24 hours||11° 03' 51.1"||743.35 mi||east||3° 38' 49.3"||250.71 mi||south||789.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Mon 4:54 AM||1438 km||893 miles||776 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Mon 2:54 AM||1720 km||1069 miles||929 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Mon 3:54 AM||1820 km||1131 miles||983 nm||NNW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 4:54 AM||1835 km||1140 miles||991 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Tue 2:54 AM||2296 km||1427 miles||1240 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Tue 2:54 AM||2417 km||1502 miles||1305 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 3:54 AM||2575 km||1600 miles||1390 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Tue 2:54 AM||2675 km||1662 miles||1444 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Tue 2:54 AM||2795 km||1737 miles||1509 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Tue 4:54 AM||3072 km||1909 miles||1659 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.