Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 3, 2012 at 3:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 3, 2012 at 15:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.75 meters/second, 1572.3 km/hour, 977.0 miles/hour or 849.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.28 mi||West||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||South||16.28 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 11.9"||976.80 mi||West||0° 08' 25.8"||9.66 mi||South||977.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 03' 43.5"||743.37 mi||East||3° 39' 31.1"||251.49 mi||South||789.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Mon 3:24 AM||1499 km||931 miles||809 nm||S|
|Majuro||Tue 3:24 AM||1587 km||986 miles||857 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Mon 4:24 AM||1610 km||1001 miles||869 nm||N|
|Tarawa||Tue 3:24 AM||1829 km||1137 miles||988 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Tue 3:24 AM||1959 km||1217 miles||1058 nm||WNW|
|Honolulu||Mon 5:24 AM||2091 km||1299 miles||1129 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 5:24 AM||2430 km||1510 miles||1312 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Tue 3:24 AM||2465 km||1532 miles||1331 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Tue 3:24 AM||2519 km||1565 miles||1360 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 4:24 AM||2606 km||1620 miles||1407 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.