Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 3, 2012 at 3:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 3, 2012 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.85 meters/second, 1572.7 km/hour, 977.2 miles/hour or 849.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.29 mi||West||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||South||16.29 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 12.1"||977.02 mi||West||0° 08' 27.2"||9.69 mi||South||977.36 mi|
|24 hours||348° 56' 22.2"||743.43 mi||West||3° 40' 03.0"||252.09 mi||South||789.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Tue 3:46 AM||1088 km||676 miles||587 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Tue 3:46 AM||1433 km||890 miles||774 nm||WNW|
|Tarawa||Tue 3:46 AM||1497 km||930 miles||809 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 3:46 AM||1581 km||983 miles||854 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Mon 4:46 AM||1658 km||1030 miles||895 nm||NNE|
|Yaren||Tue 3:46 AM||2044 km||1270 miles||1104 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Tue 2:46 AM||2375 km||1476 miles||1282 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Tue 3:46 AM||2456 km||1526 miles||1326 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Mon 5:46 AM||2620 km||1628 miles||1415 nm||ENE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 4:46 AM||2780 km||1727 miles||1501 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.