Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 3, 2012 at 4:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 78%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 3, 2012 at 16:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 437.06 meters/second, 1573.4 kilometres/hour, 977.7 miles/hour or 849.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.29 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||South||16.29 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 12.9"||977.50 mi||West||0° 08' 30.4"||9.75 mi||South||977.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 03' 25.4"||743.55 mi||East||3° 41' 11.9"||253.41 mi||South||790.49 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kwajalein||Tue 4:34 AM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Tue 4:34 AM||634 km||394 miles||343 nm||N|
|Majuro||Tue 4:34 AM||855 km||531 miles||461 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Tue 3:34 AM||1226 km||762 miles||662 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Tue 4:34 AM||1492 km||927 miles||805 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Tue 4:34 AM||1561 km||970 miles||843 nm||S|
|Midway||Mon 5:34 AM||2282 km||1418 miles||1232 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Mon 4:34 AM||2336 km||1451 miles||1261 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 2:34 AM||2421 km||1505 miles||1307 nm||W|
|Honiara||Tue 3:34 AM||2664 km||1656 miles||1439 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.