Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 3, 2012 at 9:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 77%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 3, 2012 at 21:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.38 meters/second, 1578.2 km/hour, 980.6 miles/hour or 852.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.34 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||South||16.34 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 17.4"||980.46 mi||West||0° 08' 49.8"||10.12 mi||South||980.80 mi|
|24 hours||11° 02' 19.6"||744.51 mi||East||3° 48' 11.4"||261.40 mi||South||793.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Blair||Tue 3:04 AM||248 km||154 miles||134 nm||WSW|
|Dawei||Tue 4:04 AM||428 km||266 miles||231 nm||ENE|
|Yangon||Tue 4:04 AM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||NNE|
|Mawlamyine||Tue 4:04 AM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||NE|
|Bangkok||Tue 4:34 AM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||E|
|Nakhon Sawan||Tue 4:34 AM||691 km||429 miles||373 nm||ENE|
|Naypyidaw||Tue 4:04 AM||784 km||487 miles||423 nm||NNE|
|Banda Aceh||Tue 4:34 AM||812 km||505 miles||438 nm||S|
|Chiang Mai||Tue 4:34 AM||818 km||508 miles||442 nm||NE|
|Nakhon Ratchasima||Tue 4:34 AM||861 km||535 miles||465 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.