Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 1:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 01:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 439.38 meters/second, 1581.8 kilometres/hour, 982.9 miles/hour or 854.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||South||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 20.2"||982.69 mi||West||0° 09' 04.0"||10.39 mi||South||983.03 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 42.3"||745.45 mi||East||3° 53' 19.1"||267.27 mi||South||796.53 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lalibela||Tue 4:24 AM||45 km||28 miles||25 nm||SE|
|Gondar||Tue 4:24 AM||140 km||87 miles||75 nm||WNW|
|Mek'ele||Tue 4:24 AM||158 km||98 miles||85 nm||NNE|
|Dessie||Tue 4:24 AM||162 km||101 miles||88 nm||SE|
|Bahir Dar||Tue 4:24 AM||163 km||101 miles||88 nm||WSW|
|Mendefera||Tue 4:24 AM||289 km||179 miles||156 nm||N|
|Debre Berhan||Tue 4:24 AM||302 km||187 miles||163 nm||SSE|
|Asmara||Tue 4:24 AM||339 km||211 miles||183 nm||N|
|Addis Ababa||Tue 4:24 AM||361 km||224 miles||195 nm||S|
|Teseney||Tue 4:24 AM||384 km||239 miles||207 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.