Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 1:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.42 meters/second, 1581.9 km/hour, 983.0 miles/hour or 854.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||South||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 20.4"||982.79 mi||West||0° 09' 04.7"||10.40 mi||South||983.12 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 40.9"||745.50 mi||East||3° 53' 32.1"||267.52 mi||South||796.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gondar||Tue 4:34 AM||134 km||83 miles||72 nm||ENE|
|Bahir Dar||Tue 4:34 AM||141 km||88 miles||76 nm||ESE|
|Lalibela||Tue 4:34 AM||301 km||187 miles||163 nm||E|
|Teseney||Tue 4:34 AM||318 km||198 miles||172 nm||N|
|Nekemte||Tue 4:34 AM||351 km||218 miles||190 nm||S|
|Kassala||Tue 4:34 AM||354 km||220 miles||191 nm||N|
|Mek'ele||Tue 4:34 AM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||ENE|
|Dessie||Tue 4:34 AM||386 km||240 miles||208 nm||ESE|
|Mendefera||Tue 4:34 AM||400 km||248 miles||216 nm||NE|
|Kosti||Tue 4:34 AM||406 km||252 miles||219 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.