Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 2:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 02:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.67 meters/second, 1582.8 km/hour, 983.5 miles/hour or 854.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||South||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 21.1"||983.36 mi||West||0° 09' 08.3"||10.47 mi||South||983.69 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 33.3"||745.78 mi||East||3° 54' 50.2"||269.01 mi||South||797.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Abéché||Tue 3:34 AM||215 km||134 miles||116 nm||NNW|
|Birao||Tue 3:34 AM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||SSE|
|Mongo||Tue 3:34 AM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||W|
|Al-Fashir||Tue 5:34 AM||426 km||265 miles||230 nm||ENE|
|Sarh||Tue 3:34 AM||492 km||306 miles||266 nm||SW|
|Fada||Tue 3:34 AM||562 km||349 miles||304 nm||N|
|Moussoro||Tue 3:34 AM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||WNW|
|Bria||Tue 3:34 AM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||S|
|Kaga-Bandoro||Tue 3:34 AM||631 km||392 miles||341 nm||SSW|
|Faya-Largeau||Tue 3:34 AM||704 km||438 miles||380 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.