Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 2:54:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 02:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 439.76 meters/second, 1583.1 kilometres/hour, 983.7 miles/hour or 854.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||South||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 21.4"||983.55 mi||West||0° 09' 09.6"||10.49 mi||South||983.88 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 30.8"||745.87 mi||East||3° 55' 16.2"||269.50 mi||South||797.61 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Moussoro||Tue 3:54 AM||181 km||113 miles||98 nm||NNW|
|Mongo||Tue 3:54 AM||195 km||121 miles||105 nm||E|
|Ndjamena||Tue 3:54 AM||201 km||125 miles||109 nm||W|
|Maroua||Tue 3:54 AM||323 km||201 miles||174 nm||WSW|
|Sarh||Tue 3:54 AM||360 km||224 miles||195 nm||SSE|
|Moundou||Tue 3:54 AM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||SSW|
|Maiduguri||Tue 3:54 AM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||W|
|Abéché||Tue 3:54 AM||470 km||292 miles||254 nm||ENE|
|Garoua||Tue 3:54 AM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||SW|
|Kaga-Bandoro||Tue 3:54 AM||612 km||380 miles||331 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.