Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 3:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 03:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.89 meters/second, 1583.6 km/hour, 984.0 miles/hour or 855.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.40 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.17 mi||South||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 21.6"||983.83 mi||West||0° 09' 11.4"||10.53 mi||South||984.17 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 27.5"||746.02 mi||East||3° 55' 54.8"||270.23 mi||South||797.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kano||Tue 4:24 AM||120 km||74 miles||65 nm||W|
|Zinder||Tue 4:24 AM||214 km||133 miles||116 nm||NNW|
|Zaria||Tue 4:24 AM||234 km||145 miles||126 nm||WSW|
|Kaduna||Tue 4:24 AM||288 km||179 miles||156 nm||SW|
|Maradi||Tue 4:24 AM||322 km||200 miles||174 nm||WNW|
|Maiduguri||Tue 4:24 AM||384 km||239 miles||207 nm||E|
|Jalingo||Tue 4:24 AM||390 km||242 miles||211 nm||SSE|
|Abuja||Tue 4:24 AM||399 km||248 miles||215 nm||SW|
|Makurdi||Tue 4:24 AM||484 km||301 miles||261 nm||SSW|
|Sokoto||Tue 4:24 AM||492 km||306 miles||266 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.