Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 3:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 03:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.93 meters/second, 1583.7 km/hour, 984.1 miles/hour or 855.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.40 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 21.7"||983.93 mi||West||0° 09' 11.9"||10.54 mi||South||984.26 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 26.5"||746.07 mi||East||3° 56' 07.5"||270.48 mi||South||798.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gusau||Tue 4:34 AM||63 km||39 miles||34 nm||WNW|
|Zaria||Tue 4:34 AM||112 km||70 miles||61 nm||SSE|
|Kano||Tue 4:34 AM||144 km||90 miles||78 nm||E|
|Kaduna||Tue 4:34 AM||160 km||100 miles||87 nm||S|
|Maradi||Tue 4:34 AM||171 km||106 miles||92 nm||N|
|Sokoto||Tue 4:34 AM||246 km||153 miles||133 nm||WNW|
|Zinder||Tue 4:34 AM||282 km||175 miles||152 nm||NE|
|Abuja||Tue 4:34 AM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||S|
|Kandi||Tue 4:34 AM||475 km||295 miles||256 nm||W|
|Makurdi||Tue 4:34 AM||488 km||303 miles||263 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.