Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 3:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 03:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 439.97 meters/second, 1583.9 kilometres/hour, 984.2 miles/hour or 855.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.40 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 21.8"||984.02 mi||West||0° 09' 12.6"||10.55 mi||South||984.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 25.4"||746.12 mi||East||3° 56' 20.4"||270.72 mi||South||798.23 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Sokoto||Tue 4:44 AM||135 km||84 miles||73 nm||NNE|
|Gusau||Tue 4:44 AM||207 km||129 miles||112 nm||E|
|Kandi||Tue 4:44 AM||220 km||137 miles||119 nm||WSW|
|Maradi||Tue 4:44 AM||306 km||190 miles||165 nm||NE|
|Kaduna||Tue 4:44 AM||329 km||204 miles||178 nm||ESE|
|Zaria||Tue 4:44 AM||332 km||207 miles||180 nm||ESE|
|Niamey||Tue 4:44 AM||339 km||211 miles||183 nm||WNW|
|Parakou||Tue 4:44 AM||371 km||230 miles||200 nm||SW|
|Kano||Tue 4:44 AM||408 km||254 miles||220 nm||E|
|Natitingou||Tue 4:44 AM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.