Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 4:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 04:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.18 meters/second, 1584.6 km/hour, 984.7 miles/hour or 855.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.41 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.41 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 22.4"||984.49 mi||West||0° 09' 15.5"||10.61 mi||South||984.83 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 20.6"||746.38 mi||East||3° 57' 23.9"||271.93 mi||South||798.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bamako||Tue 4:34 AM||118 km||74 miles||64 nm||NW|
|Sikasso||Tue 4:34 AM||189 km||117 miles||102 nm||ESE|
|Koutiala||Tue 4:34 AM||213 km||132 miles||115 nm||ENE|
|Korhogo||Tue 4:34 AM||319 km||198 miles||172 nm||SE|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Tue 4:34 AM||339 km||211 miles||183 nm||ESE|
|Nzérékoré||Tue 4:34 AM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||SSW|
|Man||Tue 4:34 AM||486 km||302 miles||262 nm||S|
|Dabakala||Tue 4:34 AM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||SE|
|Bouaké||Tue 4:34 AM||520 km||323 miles||281 nm||SSE|
|Koidu||Tue 4:34 AM||530 km||329 miles||286 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.