Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 06:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 06:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.68 meters/second, 1586.4 km/hour, 985.8 miles/hour or 856.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.43 mi||west||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||south||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 23.6"||985.61 mi||west||0° 09' 22.7"||10.74 mi||south||985.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 11.2"||747.03 mi||east||3° 59' 54.2"||274.80 mi||south||800.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Tue 5:34 AM||1448 km||900 miles||782 nm||ENE|
|Fortaleza||Tue 3:34 AM||1702 km||1058 miles||919 nm||S|
|Cayenne||Tue 3:34 AM||1897 km||1179 miles||1024 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Tue 3:34 AM||1957 km||1216 miles||1057 nm||SW|
|Dakar||Tue 6:34 AM||2087 km||1297 miles||1127 nm||ENE|
|Paramaribo||Tue 3:34 AM||2156 km||1340 miles||1164 nm||WSW|
|Banjul||Tue 6:34 AM||2167 km||1346 miles||1170 nm||E|
|Recife||Tue 3:34 AM||2173 km||1350 miles||1173 nm||S|
|Bissau||Tue 6:34 AM||2271 km||1411 miles||1226 nm||E|
|Nouakchott||Tue 6:34 AM||2316 km||1439 miles||1250 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.