Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 7:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 07:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.88 meters/second, 1587.2 km/hour, 986.2 miles/hour or 857.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||South||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 24.1"||986.07 mi||West||0° 09' 25.6"||10.80 mi||South||986.40 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 08.4"||747.32 mi||East||4° 00' 55.8"||275.97 mi||South||800.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Tue 4:24 AM||825 km||512 miles||445 nm||SSW|
|Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni||Tue 4:24 AM||887 km||551 miles||479 nm||SW|
|Paramaribo||Tue 4:24 AM||953 km||592 miles||515 nm||SW|
|Georgetown||Tue 3:24 AM||1172 km||728 miles||633 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Tue 3:24 AM||1222 km||759 miles||660 nm||W|
|Castries||Tue 3:24 AM||1385 km||860 miles||748 nm||WNW|
|Kingstown||Tue 3:24 AM||1396 km||867 miles||754 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Tue 3:24 AM||1407 km||874 miles||760 nm||WNW|
|Belém||Tue 4:24 AM||1416 km||880 miles||765 nm||S|
|Port of Spain||Tue 3:24 AM||1421 km||883 miles||767 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.