Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 07:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 07:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.88 meters/second, 1587.2 km/hour, 986.2 miles/hour or 857.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.44 mi||west||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||south||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 24.1"||986.07 mi||west||0° 09' 25.6"||10.80 mi||south||986.40 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 08.4"||747.32 mi||east||4° 00' 55.8"||275.97 mi||south||800.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Tue 4:24 AM||825 km||512 miles||445 nm||SSW|
|Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni||Tue 4:24 AM||887 km||551 miles||479 nm||SW|
|Paramaribo||Tue 4:24 AM||953 km||592 miles||515 nm||SW|
|Georgetown||Tue 3:24 AM||1172 km||728 miles||633 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Tue 3:24 AM||1222 km||759 miles||660 nm||W|
|Castries||Tue 3:24 AM||1384 km||860 miles||747 nm||WNW|
|Kingstown||Tue 3:24 AM||1396 km||867 miles||754 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Tue 3:24 AM||1407 km||874 miles||760 nm||WNW|
|Belém||Tue 4:24 AM||1416 km||880 miles||765 nm||S|
|Port of Spain||Tue 3:24 AM||1421 km||883 miles||767 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.