Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 7:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 07:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.92 meters/second, 1587.3 km/hour, 986.3 miles/hour or 857.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||South||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 24.2"||986.16 mi||West||0° 09' 26.1"||10.81 mi||South||986.49 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 07.9"||747.38 mi||East||4° 01' 08.0"||276.20 mi||South||801.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Tue 4:34 AM||724 km||450 miles||391 nm||SSW|
|Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni||Tue 4:34 AM||729 km||453 miles||393 nm||SSW|
|Paramaribo||Tue 4:34 AM||766 km||476 miles||414 nm||SW|
|Nieuw Nickerie||Tue 4:34 AM||893 km||555 miles||482 nm||SW|
|New Amsterdam||Tue 3:34 AM||916 km||569 miles||494 nm||SW|
|Georgetown||Tue 3:34 AM||937 km||582 miles||506 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Tue 3:34 AM||963 km||598 miles||520 nm||WNW|
|Linden||Tue 3:34 AM||997 km||619 miles||538 nm||SW|
|Castries||Tue 3:34 AM||1129 km||702 miles||610 nm||WNW|
|Kingstown||Tue 3:34 AM||1136 km||706 miles||613 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.