Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 8:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 08:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.09 meters/second, 1587.9 km/hour, 986.7 miles/hour or 857.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||South||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 24.4"||986.53 mi||West||0° 09' 28.4"||10.85 mi||South||986.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 06.3"||747.62 mi||East||4° 01' 56.8"||277.13 mi||South||801.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Scarborough||Tue 4:14 AM||11 km||7 miles||6 nm||WSW|
|Port of Spain||Tue 4:14 AM||114 km||71 miles||62 nm||SW|
|Chaguanas||Tue 4:14 AM||115 km||71 miles||62 nm||SW|
|San Fernando||Tue 4:14 AM||138 km||86 miles||74 nm||SW|
|Saint George's||Tue 4:14 AM||151 km||94 miles||82 nm||NW|
|Kingstown||Tue 4:14 AM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||NNW|
|Bridgetown||Tue 4:14 AM||236 km||146 miles||127 nm||NNE|
|Vieux Fort||Tue 4:14 AM||279 km||173 miles||150 nm||N|
|Castries||Tue 4:14 AM||310 km||193 miles||167 nm||N|
|Maturín||Tue 3:44 AM||323 km||200 miles||174 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.