Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 09:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 09:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.37 meters/second, 1588.9 km/hour, 987.3 miles/hour or 858.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.45 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||south||16.46 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 25.0"||987.16 mi||west||0° 09' 32.4"||10.93 mi||south||987.49 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 04.3"||748.05 mi||east||4° 03' 21.2"||278.74 mi||south||802.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cartagena||Tue 4:24 AM||236 km||147 miles||128 nm||ESE|
|Barranquilla||Tue 4:24 AM||307 km||191 miles||166 nm||E|
|Panama||Tue 4:24 AM||309 km||192 miles||167 nm||SW|
|Montería||Tue 4:24 AM||316 km||196 miles||171 nm||SE|
|Santiago de Veraguas||Tue 4:24 AM||493 km||306 miles||266 nm||SW|
|Medellin||Tue 4:24 AM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||SSE|
|David||Tue 4:24 AM||603 km||375 miles||326 nm||WSW|
|Bucaramanga||Tue 4:24 AM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||SE|
|Maracaibo||Tue 4:54 AM||656 km||408 miles||354 nm||E|
|Cúcuta||Tue 4:24 AM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.