Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 9:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 09:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.41 meters/second, 1589.1 km/hour, 987.4 miles/hour or 858.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.46 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||South||16.46 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 25.1"||987.25 mi||West||0° 09' 33.0"||10.94 mi||South||987.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 04.2"||748.12 mi||East||4° 03' 33.1"||278.97 mi||South||802.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Colón||Tue 4:34 AM||184 km||115 miles||100 nm||S|
|Panama||Tue 4:34 AM||231 km||143 miles||125 nm||SSE|
|Santiago de Veraguas||Tue 4:34 AM||339 km||211 miles||183 nm||SSW|
|David||Tue 4:34 AM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||SW|
|San Jose||Tue 3:34 AM||459 km||285 miles||248 nm||WSW|
|Alajuela||Tue 3:34 AM||471 km||293 miles||254 nm||WSW|
|Puerto Cabezas||Tue 3:34 AM||494 km||307 miles||267 nm||NW|
|Cartagena||Tue 4:34 AM||497 km||309 miles||269 nm||E|
|Montería||Tue 4:34 AM||519 km||323 miles||280 nm||ESE|
|Barranquilla||Tue 4:34 AM||572 km||355 miles||309 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.