Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 9:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 09:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.46 meters/second, 1589.3 km/hour, 987.5 miles/hour or 858.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.46 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||South||16.46 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 25.2"||987.36 mi||West||0° 09' 33.7"||10.95 mi||South||987.69 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 03.9"||748.19 mi||East||4° 03' 47.3"||279.24 mi||South||802.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Limón||Tue 3:46 AM||110 km||68 miles||60 nm||S|
|San Jose||Tue 3:46 AM||171 km||106 miles||92 nm||SW|
|Alajuela||Tue 3:46 AM||176 km||109 miles||95 nm||SW|
|San Andrés||Tue 4:46 AM||223 km||139 miles||120 nm||NE|
|David||Tue 4:46 AM||288 km||179 miles||156 nm||S|
|Puerto Cabezas||Tue 3:46 AM||340 km||211 miles||184 nm||N|
|Masaya||Tue 3:46 AM||361 km||225 miles||195 nm||WNW|
|Managua||Tue 3:46 AM||384 km||239 miles||207 nm||WNW|
|Santiago de Veraguas||Tue 4:46 AM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||SE|
|Matagalpa||Tue 3:46 AM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.