Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 10:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 10:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.65 meters/second, 1589.9 km/hour, 987.9 miles/hour or 858.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.46 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||South||16.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 25.6"||987.79 mi||West||0° 09' 36.4"||11.00 mi||South||988.12 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 03.6"||748.51 mi||East||4° 04' 44.2"||280.32 mi||South||803.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Escuintla||Tue 4:34 AM||561 km||348 miles||303 nm||NE|
|Santa María Huatulco||Tue 4:34 AM||582 km||361 miles||314 nm||NNW|
|Guatemala||Tue 4:34 AM||604 km||375 miles||326 nm||NE|
|Santa Ana||Tue 4:34 AM||646 km||402 miles||349 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Tue 4:34 AM||664 km||413 miles||359 nm||ENE|
|Tuxtla Gutierrez||Tue 4:34 AM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||NNE|
|Oaxaca||Tue 4:34 AM||725 km||451 miles||392 nm||NNW|
|San Miguel||Tue 4:34 AM||754 km||468 miles||407 nm||ENE|
|Punta Gorda||Tue 4:34 AM||852 km||529 miles||460 nm||NE|
|Acapulco||Tue 4:34 AM||877 km||545 miles||474 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.