Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 1:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 13:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.32 meters/second, 1592.3 km/hour, 989.4 miles/hour or 859.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 26.6"||989.29 mi||West||0° 09' 45.7"||11.18 mi||South||989.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 07.2"||749.69 mi||East||4° 08' 01.4"||284.08 mi||South||805.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 3:24 AM||2564 km||1593 miles||1385 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 3:24 AM||2651 km||1647 miles||1431 nm||WNW|
|Los Angeles||Tue 5:24 AM||3170 km||1970 miles||1711 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Tue 6:24 AM||3309 km||2056 miles||1786 nm||NE|
|San Francisco||Tue 5:24 AM||3314 km||2059 miles||1789 nm||NNE|
|Papeete||Tue 3:24 AM||3442 km||2139 miles||1858 nm||SSW|
|Phoenix||Tue 6:24 AM||3518 km||2186 miles||1899 nm||NE|
|Las Vegas||Tue 5:24 AM||3528 km||2192 miles||1905 nm||NNE|
|Adamstown||Tue 5:24 AM||3972 km||2468 miles||2144 nm||S|
|Mexico City||Tue 7:24 AM||4057 km||2521 miles||2191 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.