Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 1:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 13:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.39 meters/second, 1592.6 km/hour, 989.6 miles/hour or 859.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 26.9"||989.46 mi||West||0° 09' 46.8"||11.20 mi||South||989.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 08.3"||749.84 mi||East||4° 08' 24.1"||284.51 mi||South||805.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 3:44 AM||2073 km||1288 miles||1119 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 3:44 AM||2206 km||1371 miles||1191 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Tue 3:44 AM||3237 km||2011 miles||1748 nm||SSW|
|Los Angeles||Tue 5:44 AM||3476 km||2160 miles||1877 nm||NE|
|San Francisco||Tue 5:44 AM||3542 km||2201 miles||1913 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Tue 6:44 AM||3718 km||2310 miles||2008 nm||NE|
|Las Vegas||Tue 5:44 AM||3840 km||2386 miles||2074 nm||NE|
|Phoenix||Tue 6:44 AM||3878 km||2410 miles||2094 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 2:44 AM||4028 km||2503 miles||2175 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 3:44 AM||4073 km||2531 miles||2199 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.