Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 2:04:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 14:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.47 meters/second, 1592.9 km/hour, 989.8 miles/hour or 860.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 27.0"||989.63 mi||West||0° 09' 47.9"||11.22 mi||South||989.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 09.2"||749.99 mi||East||4° 08' 46.6"||284.94 mi||South||806.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:04 AM||1610 km||1000 miles||869 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Tue 4:04 AM||1801 km||1119 miles||972 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Tue 4:04 AM||3110 km||1933 miles||1679 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:04 AM||3585 km||2228 miles||1936 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:04 AM||3610 km||2243 miles||1949 nm||WSW|
|San Francisco||Tue 6:04 AM||3819 km||2373 miles||2062 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles||Tue 6:04 AM||3822 km||2375 miles||2064 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 4:04 AM||3822 km||2375 miles||2064 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Tue 3:04 AM||3877 km||2409 miles||2093 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Wed 4:04 AM||3945 km||2451 miles||2130 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.