Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 2:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 14:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.51 meters/second, 1593.0 km/hour, 989.9 miles/hour or 860.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 27.0"||989.72 mi||West||0° 09' 48.4"||11.23 mi||South||990.04 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 09.8"||750.06 mi||East||4° 08' 58.0"||285.16 mi||South||806.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:14 AM||1398 km||869 miles||755 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Tue 4:14 AM||1622 km||1008 miles||876 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Tue 4:14 AM||3080 km||1914 miles||1663 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:14 AM||3355 km||2085 miles||1812 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:14 AM||3374 km||2096 miles||1822 nm||SW|
|Midway||Tue 3:14 AM||3664 km||2277 miles||1978 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 4:14 AM||3719 km||2311 miles||2008 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Wed 4:14 AM||3750 km||2330 miles||2025 nm||SW|
|San Francisco||Tue 6:14 AM||3972 km||2468 miles||2145 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Tue 6:14 AM||4006 km||2489 miles||2163 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.