Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 2:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.59 meters/second, 1593.3 km/hour, 990.0 miles/hour or 860.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 27.0"||989.89 mi||West||0° 09' 49.6"||11.26 mi||South||990.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 11.1"||750.21 mi||East||4° 09' 20.4"||285.59 mi||South||806.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:34 AM||1054 km||655 miles||569 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 4:34 AM||1345 km||836 miles||726 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:34 AM||2853 km||1773 miles||1540 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:34 AM||2978 km||1851 miles||1608 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Tue 4:34 AM||3088 km||1919 miles||1668 nm||S|
|Midway||Tue 3:34 AM||3255 km||2023 miles||1758 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Wed 4:34 AM||3390 km||2106 miles||1830 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 4:34 AM||3562 km||2213 miles||1923 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:34 AM||3737 km||2322 miles||2018 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Tue 3:34 AM||3746 km||2328 miles||2023 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.