Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 2:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 14:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.62 meters/second, 1593.4 km/hour, 990.1 miles/hour or 860.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 27.1"||989.98 mi||West||0° 09' 50.0"||11.27 mi||South||990.29 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 11.8"||750.29 mi||East||4° 09' 31.6"||285.80 mi||South||806.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:44 AM||951 km||591 miles||513 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 4:44 AM||1265 km||786 miles||683 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:44 AM||2606 km||1619 miles||1407 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:44 AM||2801 km||1740 miles||1512 nm||SW|
|Midway||Tue 3:44 AM||3061 km||1902 miles||1653 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Tue 4:44 AM||3127 km||1943 miles||1688 nm||SSE|
|Apia *||Wed 4:44 AM||3228 km||2006 miles||1743 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 4:44 AM||3512 km||2182 miles||1896 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:44 AM||3513 km||2183 miles||1897 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Tue 3:44 AM||3616 km||2247 miles||1953 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.